Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you decorate your home last year?

How did you decorate your home last year?

How did you decorate your home for last year's Christmas?

when my children were younger we would always make paperchains, or paper loops with construction paper, using the Christmas colors and hang around doorways. We also always made paper snow flakes to hung from ceiling with fishing line, which was thin and clear.
    Now that they have children , me and the grandkids keep the tradition up. They love doing this and always chat away about Christmas. I love hearing their little ideas, thoughts and coming of Santa.
    They are so happy to see these decorations up that they made. They help bring in that Christmassy feeling every year.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I had to work right through the Holidays, so all I did was put a wreath on the door. This year I want Christmas to be HUGE!

Last year year we put four trees up. We had a snowman theme going on. We really went all out inside the house. Outside we kept it basic because a bunch of our decor burnt out big time.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Great idea!

Last Christmas sort of snuck up on me with working a lot. My porch was very plain with just a wreath. I realized I had retired my old frosty snowman that normally sits on my porch, and my lights were burnt out , and I just forgot to buy new ones to put up .
    Every night when I came home from work , I felt bad I should of decorated a bit more..
    My grandkids were disappointed Frosty wasn't there to greet them, and I also had big presents that lit up and open. They loved those too.
    I guess you can tell I bought all those decorations at the same time, and they all went at once....lol
    This year I am starting early with at least buying decorations needed and make sure I get a new Frosty as well.

I have not yet downsized from the time when we use to put up 8-12 trees. So, like outside, each year is a bit different. Some of the decorations are the same, but much (like the trees) get changed out from year to year.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by lizziesnow123 View Post
    when my children were younger we would always make paperchains, or paper loops with construction paper, using the Christmas colors and hang around doorways. We also always made paper snow flakes to hung from ceiling with fishing line, which was thin and clear.
    Now that they have children , me and the grandkids keep the tradition up. They love doing this and always chat away about Christmas. I love hearing their little ideas, thoughts and coming of Santa.
    They are so happy to see these decorations up that they made. They help bring in that Christmassy feeling every year.
    That sounds so nice.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I have not yet downsized from the time when we use to put up 8-12 trees. So, like outside, each year is a bit different. Some of the decorations are the same, but much (like the trees) get changed out from year to year.
    I'm the same. 2019 I had more of a woodsy feel. 2020 I intended to do a 60's retro Christmas look, but the vibe just wasn't there when I started decorating- I ended up doing a traditional Santa, snowman type thing.
    Last edited by Mistletoe; 02-19-2021 at 04:10 AM. Reason: I was saying 'this year', I guess I'm still in the glow. lol
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

This year may be totally different with my daughter headed back out on her own. That means the entire downstairs will be empty again. The imagination is already kicking into high gear...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"