Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you decorate your home last year?

Hybrid View

How did you decorate your home last year?

How did you decorate your home for last year's Christmas?

when my children were younger we would always make paperchains, or paper loops with construction paper, using the Christmas colors and hang around doorways. We also always made paper snow flakes to hung from ceiling with fishing line, which was thin and clear.
    Now that they have children , me and the grandkids keep the tradition up. They love doing this and always chat away about Christmas. I love hearing their little ideas, thoughts and coming of Santa.
    They are so happy to see these decorations up that they made. They help bring in that Christmassy feeling every year.

Quote Originally Posted by lizziesnow123 View Post
    when my children were younger we would always make paperchains, or paper loops with construction paper, using the Christmas colors and hang around doorways. We also always made paper snow flakes to hung from ceiling with fishing line, which was thin and clear.
    Now that they have children , me and the grandkids keep the tradition up. They love doing this and always chat away about Christmas. I love hearing their little ideas, thoughts and coming of Santa.
    They are so happy to see these decorations up that they made. They help bring in that Christmassy feeling every year.
    That sounds so nice.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I had to work right through the Holidays, so all I did was put a wreath on the door. This year I want Christmas to be HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I had to work right through the Holidays, so all I did was put a wreath on the door. This year I want Christmas to be HUGE!
    Oh, bad timing... Did you end up celebrating last year with your dinner party? Or was it cancelled due to covid? Did you get to decorate more?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Oh, bad timing... Did you end up celebrating last year with your dinner party? Or was it cancelled due to covid? Did you get to decorate more?
    Covid put and end to it, and I'm working again this year. Hopefully next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    Covid put and end to it, and I'm working again this year. Hopefully next year.
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to you telling us how it went with your cooked goose (if you had decided to try it).

I hope that the Christmas Spirit finds you wherever you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to you telling us how it went with your cooked goose (if you had decided to try it).

I hope that the Christmas Spirit finds you wherever you are.
    I still want to do it, but the next big Christmas dinner I do will most likely be ham, since we all have missed it the last few years.

Last year year we put four trees up. We had a snowman theme going on. We really went all out inside the house. Outside we kept it basic because a bunch of our decor burnt out big time.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Great idea!