Thread: How long Christmas lasts after Christmas day!

How long Christmas lasts after Christmas day!

In the Middle East the Christian community gets in the Christmas mood a month before. Then they go through the whole Christmas eve and Christmas day program, but unlike the West that's only the beginning of their Christmas celebration. It's a tradition to visit one another to wish people Happy Christmas. These 'Christmas' visit may go on till February!!! They keep the trees up till around that time. It was an extremely sad time for us as kids to see the tree go.I was shocked to find out Christmas in the US was pretty much over on Christmas day!

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I would say it peaks on Christmas day, but lingers until about Jan 2. After that it's back to normal.

Leon- thanks for the Middle East perspective- it sounds like a nice long season there. That's similar to the 12 days of Christmas, where Christmas Day is just the start and the celebrations continue, culminating on 12th night. I don't know if anyone actually does the 12 days of Christmas anymore.

There's 2 waves here. The first has a bunch of trees out by the curb the day after Christmas (so depressing!) and the second is New Year's Eve (people wanting to start the New Year off fresh).

I am in no rush to see the decorations go and usually leave some up until the beginning of February. I only get the urge to take them down earlier than that if we have a warm spell that triggers spring fever.

I was always sad to see the tree go, too- the symbol of a warm, happy time.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

In our home, you might say it has three phases... 1) Outside decor comes down just after the New Year's Celebration (around the 3rd or 4th). 2) The majority of the interior decoration comes down the weekend before the SuperBowl. 3) Is my office where some remain all year long ands just get taken apart for cleaning...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I hate to see Christmas go. Im one of those Christmas people that takes my decorations down in late January...I take the outside ones down first, then i will pick a day to take down the tree and other decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by lizziesnow123 View Post
    I hate to see Christmas go. Im one of those Christmas people that takes my decorations down in late January...I take the outside ones down first, then i will pick a day to take down the tree and other decorations.
    I'm right there with you. That is why some remain (mostly in my office) all year round. Sometimes we all "Need a little Christmas" during the year...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

i agree with youl..its always nice to have a little Christmas through out the year...especially the Christmas spirit...

Forever Child-like and hopefully, never "Childish"...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    In our home, you might say it has three phases... 1) Outside decor comes down just after the New Year's Celebration (around the 3rd or 4th). 2) The majority of the interior decoration comes down the weekend before the SuperBowl. 3) Is my office where some remain all year long ands just get taken apart for cleaning...
    This pretty much sums me up too.

Quote Originally Posted by sheadogg64 View Post
    This pretty much sums me up too.
    Perhaps we can add to the "Great minds think alike" with "Christmas minds think alike"... lol