Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED Christmas lights

I like the LED outside for their brightness (especially on those snowy nights), but prefer miniature inside for the softer glow...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I agree. Warm white looks nice and cozy.

I do have to admit though, that I prefer the multi-colored bulbs over plain white...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I do have to admit though, that I prefer the multi-colored bulbs over plain white...
    As do I. It seems the LED C-9's I just bought have a very similar color to the incandescents, but I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to like how big they are. When I went to Home Depot to look at the LEDs, the C-9's looked only slightly bigger than the incandescent C-7's, so that's why I ordered C-9's online. But the company I bought them through has C-9's as large as the incandescent C-9's.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

C-7s are cool, but I like the miniature ones. Especially with the controls that make them wave or blink...

C-7s are cool, but I like the miniature ones. Especially with the controls that make them wave or blink...
    I did what Papa_Christmas said- I bought the empty outdoor light strings and boxes of LED c-9 replacement bulbs, plus a few twinkling LED bulbs that I could intersperse throughout them, which is supposed to prevent them from all blinking at the same time and they're supposed to blink slower, like the incandescents. Not sure if it will have the desired effect, but I'm itching to turn them on and see! Less than a week now!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I still have C7 and C9 'twinkle' bulbs. I always liked the random flashing and use to lay on the floor when I was younger and watch the show on the ceiling... lol

I still have C7 and C9 'twinkle' bulbs. I always liked the random flashing and use to lay on the floor when I was younger and watch the show on the ceiling... lol
    Me too! So beautiful!

Don't you just hate it, when you check out a string, they work just fine and then after you put it up... nothing? Oh well, it will not keep me down...

Don't you just hate it, when you check out a string, they work just fine and then after you put it up... nothing? Oh well, it will not keep me down...
    Ugh- I wish I didn't know that so well. Don't jinx me- mine worked a few weeks ago when I put them up, but we've had some windy days and that usually knocks some of them out. I will know how they fared tomorrow night!
    I just put the candles on in the windows- ahhh...I missed this.