Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED Christmas lights

LED Christmas lights

I use warm white LED lights. They're very similar to incandescent white lights. I use some of these outside and I put these on my Christmas tree inside. I use multicolored LED lights outside too!

i use led on the porch tree, for the house tree I'm still using the old fashioned type.

:light:

I prefer the incandescent lights, though my neighbor uses the LED outside and after several years they're growing on me. They're colorful, but cooler toned. I'm glad that they're making progress making LEDs more warm, because I'd really like to use the C-7's again, with their true colors, but the incandescent ones get so hot!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Outside I have been switching to LEDs as mine burn out. Inside, though it may cost more, I prefer traditional c7 or mini lights. To me they are more subtle...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Outside I have been switching to LEDs as mine burn out. Inside, though it may cost more, I prefer traditional c7 or mini lights. To me they are more subtle...
    Do you have incandescent c-7's on any of your trees?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Oh yes. In fact I found a place that also has the old style twinkle lights available...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I love Christmas lights!

:light:

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Oh yes. In fact I found a place that also has the old style twinkle lights available...
    I love the c-7 incandescent twinkle lights!

Aren't you nervous using the hot c-7's on your trees?

Back when I first took over putting the lights on, I was testing the strands and part of the lights were laying across the back of my father's chair and burned a hole in it, in that short a time. Even before that he never wanted the lights lit on the tree for very long. I just thought he was being anti-Christmas, but now I can see why.

They can get hot, so I only use them on artificial tress and no more than four strands (100 lights). But really when they are that big, 100 is just fine. It does stay on less than the others and never overnight.

I only use warm lights. Christmas is all about warmth and coziness for me.