Thread: Christmas 2022

Christmas 2022

Yes, I’m one of those people who start planning next year’s display before the current year is over. I’m relatively an amateur, so I have to plan everything out, so I have to start really early! My plan for next year’s yard decoration is a Winter Wonderland, with lots of bright white lights, snow men, a couple of lighted white deer, AND SNOW! The biggest problem in having, Is I live in South Louisiana, so the chances of having a white Christmas are slim to none and I can’t figure out how to or what to use to put in my yard for the snow effect. I can’t use fake snow or fiberfill because I don’t want it blowing all over my neighborhood. I thought about white plastic sheeting, but I don’t want to use that to cover my entire yard for a whole month. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make my yard look snowy? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:tree:

Michelle_70501! Glad you've joined us!

Your idea sounds really nice, but I'm afraid I'm not able to help with any ideas. Does your lawn stay actively growing during the Christmas season down there?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I've heard about this product called snowonder, but i never tried it so i don't know if it's any good.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    The only thing I can think of is to get or make some fake (plastic or fiberglass} snow, and attach steaks to the bottom to secure it to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    The only thing I can think of is to get or make some fake (plastic or fiberglass} snow, and attach steaks to the bottom to secure it to the ground.
    Do you mean like snowdrifts, kind of like you'd see in a snow-themed amusement park? That sounds like a good idea.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Do you mean like snowdrifts, kind of like you'd see in a snow-themed amusement park? That sounds like a good idea.
    That's what I was thinking.
    This is for Halloween, but I'm sure the same idea could be used to make snow. If the poster has a fence, they could even put some across the top.
    https://www.instructables.com/Guts-a...lloween-props/

Another concept is to wait for a sale on some white sheets. Some piles of dirt (or other bulky items) can make it look like drifts. Or depending on the size, snow blankets work as well...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"