Thread: Blah decorations?

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)

Blah decorations?

I realize it's still early, but I have seen some Christmas decorations for sale in Costco and Pier one, and I have to say nothing has wowed me. Normally I'm really excited to check out the new Christmas stuff, but so far this year, there isn't one thing I want to buy. Am I being a Scrooge, or are you guys feeling a bit underwhelmed this year too?

I think it depends. For a family who is just starting to gather decorations, Costco has some great items. I purchased the little snowman sitting on a snowball.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

I always use blow molds. I never use inflatables. Those decorations are very cheesy! I think blow molds are coming back into fashion, though!

i think tree ornaments have gotten pretty bad, rarely like any of the new offerings

I agree with JollyElfDC and Elf Erv. It’s been that way for years, imo.

I use inflatables and snow balls for Christmas decorations.

I use a wide variety, especially in the yard. But my first stop as the season approaches is always Hobby Lobby. They have a vast array and I have never yet been there and not come away getting something. It is also where I got my CIJ sand sculpture tree decoration...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

We have a tradition of buying one special decoration for our family each year. Many stores sell similar decorations. I've loved Newbridge Silver's decorations for a long time but missed 2014 and 2015 collectibles. They normally have a nice Christmas theme behind each one, for example the joy of giving, home for Christmas and so on. https://www.newbridgesilverware.com/...tBy=NewestDesc

One place that I always go to is Hallmark. This year they have a "Polar Express" bell that I will be adding to the tree...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"