Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When do you take your outside decorations down?

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    I’ll probably keep mine up for a few more days. Next weekend at the latest.
    I'm aiming to keep them lit through next weekend, then take them down that Monday. The candles in the windows I'll leave up longer.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    ...then the plans for next year begin. I'm thinking of a Christmas chair, with an arch and inflatable Santa behind it and make it available for a photo stand.
    How creative. Well, you are on the limo tour...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Just took all my stuff down as i'm getting ready to move so i need to sort and repack some things and get rid of some things as i'm downsizing.

Everything but the inflatables are down. I needed the time for the other items to dry out. The rest come down today while the weather for these next couple are in the upper 30's...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I will be taking down about 95% of our display this weekend. I leave the icicles up until the end of February.

The outside is gone with two exceptions. The large lighted wreath above my door (mainly because I do not want to get out a ladder to take it down and redo it yet) and the icicle lights on the roof top. It's around 20' up, so unless I need to, I just leave them up all year. And yes, on occasion, I still light them up...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    Just took all my stuff down as i'm getting ready to move so i need to sort and repack some things and get rid of some things as i'm downsizing.
    Downsizing is difficult to do sometimes, especially if you're nostalgic!

Quote Originally Posted by sheadogg64 View Post
    I will be taking down about 95% of our display this weekend. I leave the icicles up until the end of February.
    Do you leave the icicles lit until you take them down?

:light:

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Do you leave the icicles lit until you take them down?
    I do! Winter is just so dark. It's nice to bring some light to the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Downsizing is difficult to do sometimes, especially if you're nostalgic!
    Amen. This year I am moving all my Christmas stuff to a warehouse to store and sort it out. I still have enough lights, garland, ornaments, etc to decorate a dozen trees. Time this year to share the wealth...