Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When do you take your outside decorations down?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Last year with visitors occupying much of my home, some stayed up all year long...
    Inside or outside? That could be convenient for the following year's set up...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

A bit of both... lol...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

January 18th

I'll be checking on the weather after the 5th...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    January 18th
    That's nice. Are you the only one in your area that leaves them up that late? Most people here took their's down before New Year's this year. I feel pressured just leaving them up until Epiphany. It's only the 10th day of Christmas, people!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

First weekend after 12th night
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Mine came down last weekend. Could not resist, temps in the 30's with an expected cold front in the teens to single digits coming in...

I generally take down mine in the first week of January.

A minor change to my last post... the yard stuff came down, but the lights around the door and garage are still up.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I'm in a condo, so for me it's pretty easy. I just take whatever it is I hang on my front door down. I always wait until after New Years.