Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: When do you take your outside decorations down?

When do you take your outside decorations down?

We received an email from our neighborhood association last week that stated all outside decorations must be taken down no later than January 10. I had planned on taking mine down this weekend anyway, but I was curious if there are others whose neighborhood association has similar requirements?
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

first week in February

I m thinking of starting tomorrow. With the heaviest heart anyone can imagine, of course..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I generally take mine down the first week in January, depending on the weather. We were in the deep freeze here for but I toughed it up and got them down anyway. They are always the last thing to come down
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Usually the last weekend in January (depending on the weather here in SD). However, due to frozen ground, some of the stakes wind up in the turf till early Spring...

I generally take down mine after Epiphany. That's on January 7th.

Most will come down the 2nd full week of January...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post
    I m thinking of starting tomorrow. With the heaviest heart anyone can imagine, of course..
    That's always how I feel! I'd keep them up & lit until February, if it wouldn't annoy people. The winter is so dark and cold after Christmas!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    first week in February
    Do you keep the outside lights lit until February also?

I shut my outdoor lights off the day after Epiphany and take them down whenever the temperature is decent enough to stand it. Last year I left the candles in the windows lit until February- it was so nice to come home to in the darkness. I take the main tree down the weekend following Epiphany (periodically can stretch it to the one after that, but get flak if I do that) and I take my bedroom tree and decorations down the last weekend of January/beginning of February.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Last year with visitors occupying much of my home, some stayed up all year long...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"