Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When do you take your outside decorations down?

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I'm in a condo, so for me it's pretty easy. I just take whatever it is I hang on my front door down. I always wait until after New Years.
    Nothing on the patio?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I'm in a condo, so for me it's pretty easy. I just take whatever it is I hang on my front door down. I always wait until after New Years.
    Nothing on the patio?

It's a high rise. I have a balcony, but I don't think anyone would see anything from the street.

The first month has nearly come to an end. Still a few lights around the garage and I will wait till I move my daughter up north before I take them down. It does require a bit of room... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Mine come down the second week of January. That's when I normally take some days off to put decorations back in storage .I notice some houses keep them on till end of January. which is fine with me.
    The road I take home from work is a very long stretch, and there are street lights but not much so it is kind of dark, but I notice houses there take down most of their Christmas decorations but kept the lights on their porches and bushes. When I drive down there from work, it was very nice to see , and not so dark and gloomy. Then in February they put up their red valentine lights, and light up hearts...I usually can enjoy those till march on that long dark road...

Some of mine never come down all the way. Like now for Christmas in July...

I dont put decorations up outside. Our landlord is very strict and we need permission for EVERYTHING. Hopefully that will change next year when we get our own house

I hope so too. They are a great way to show your enjoyment of the season. Mine change from year to year as well...

When I was really young, my mother would keep the ornaments on almost all year long (possibly neglecting decorations for other festivals xD).
    She loved the colors, I guess?

Now, we'd leave them till early Feb, when we have to change to Chinese New Year's decors.

It's funny some years, we tried to integrate Christmas --> CNY by putting cherry blossoms (CNY trademark) on the Christmas tree.
    They still looked gorgeous under the lights.

Most of the outside is down just after New Year's Day. Of course the ground is so hard that many of the stakes are still there till Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Symone View Post
    When I was really young, my mother would keep the ornaments on almost all year long (possibly neglecting decorations for other festivals xD).
    She loved the colors, I guess?

Now, we'd leave them till early Feb, when we have to change to Chinese New Year's decors.
    Is leaving them up until early February a common thing there?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.