Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When do you take your outside decorations down?

All mine will come down Jan 3-4th as i have to sort and repack as i'l be moving over into vermont hopefully by the 1st of march or end of march.

I don;t know about taking them down this year, but if this gound freezes any more, it will take a RR spike to be able to put the Christmas ones in... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

depends on the weather but I like to get them down mid January

Since January 1st falls on a Friday this next year, I'll probably get the outside ones down beginning on the 4th...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

We leave our place lit every evening through 12th night so they'll come down the first weekend after.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    We leave our place lit every evening through 12th night so they'll come down the first weekend after.
    Us too! The rest of the street goes dark January first or earlier.

I alternate colored lights with white lights every other year and the white light years (this year) I try to push it longer, especially if there's snow! I feel like I can say they're New Year's lights.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Part stays up longer, like the icicle lights on the roof and sometimes the lit garland around the garage. I have been known to fire them up now and then...

One of our neighbors had every light and scrap of Christmas taken down 12/26. One across the street took everything down 12/28 and he usually leaves his up until 1/1. I thought perhaps this year people might leave them up a bit longer.
    I am happy to say that 3 others still have theirs on tonight, but I fear it might be the last night.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I’ll probably keep mine up for a few more days. Next weekend at the latest.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Since the weather is a little bit warmer today, I have already started removing the outside decorations. It will take a little while for them to totally dry off and then the plans for next year begin. I'm thinking of a Christmas chair, with an arch and inflatable Santa behind it and make it available for a photo stand.