Thread: How was your Christmas?

How was your Christmas?

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! First time back in a couple of weeks, and things seem really quiet.

My Christmas was good, just different this year. We normally get together with my wife's family a few days before Christmas, and there are usually about 25-30 of us. This year, due to a stomach bug that's been running rampant in the area, there were only 8 of us. We had a good time, but it was much quieter. We went to my parents' house about 300 miles east of us, and one of my sisters got hit with the same type of bug. My other sister and her family ended up going home early, so our numbers were down there, too. Fortunately everyone in my immediate family has stayed healthy!

All in all, I'm very grateful for the family I did get to spend time with over the past week or so. But I have to admit.....I'm ready for Christmas 2018 already!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

My christmas was very nice spent time with my family and a few dear friends as it was beautiful with the snow falling around us,we had a nice dinner and just enjoyed the time we had together.

We had a delicious Christmas Eve seafood buffet. My Mom, Mother-in-law, and daughter's boyfriend joined us for the Eve and Day. We also had some snow. Everyone was healthy for Christmas and New Years Eve - then I got hit with a bad cold on New Years Day!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

My Christmas was good. Nice to be with family. I wish more of my children and grandchildren had been there. We had a white Christmas, which is pretty rare.

too short....:(

Christmas has always been the most wonderful time of the year. And no matter how we spend these days, we all come to the conclusion that its always too short, indeed..
    Honestly, I still remember the day I started decorated the house (first days of November) and I can clearly remember saying to my self, oh, we have almost 2 whole months before holidays are over and take decorations down.
    I could never believe that time will fly like that... For another Christmas, again...

Well, I spend this Christmas with family, had 2-3 Christmas parties with friends, had a few days off work. It was good. I had a good time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Even though it was a few months back, it was very nice. This past year saw Christmas Eve with quite a few people over for dinner and the opening of at least a Christmas stocking for all friends present. Their children of course had more presents and it was fun, after dinner, to watch them.
    Getting to bed a little late, the three of us here got up around 10AM, had a light breakfast (still full from dinner), opened our presents and relaxed while watching a few movies and even a nap.
    Very nice day with time for reflection, rest and family...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"