Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Christmas music artist?

We had an instrumental one made in the 1960's that we loved. Record got worn out decades ago, and I have no idea who made it. But I keep listening to Pandora hoping I will find the name of the album. It was CHRISTMAS JOY, but then were at least 100 others too.

Do you remember any of the songs on the album? The Ventures had a Christmas Album titled Christmas Joy (and included that track) back in the 60's... btw, Welcome to the bers. 75 and counting...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Songs from Christmas joy

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Do you remember any of the songs on the album? The Ventures had a Christmas Album titled Christmas Joy (and included that track) back in the 60's... btw, Welcome to the bers. 75 and counting...
    Sure, the songs were the common Classic, Hark The Herald, Santa Claus is Coming to town, Silent Night, God Rest Yea Merry Gentleman, Silent Night, Sleigh Ride, I'm dreaming of a White Christmas, and a few more...all was instrumental 100%, two sided full LP. Songs were the most Common One sung in Churches at Christmas, except no singing.

Well, I know that the Ventures had a couple of Christmas albums with classics carols recorded (the were an all instrumental group), but I'm not sure if either included all those particular songs. Try iTunes for Christmas Joy and see what pops up. And... good hunting.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I appreciate that, I didn't think of that. I always think of ITUNES as new hits. Great idea.

No problem. I did get the new Herb Alpert Christmas album last year. It was good to hear that famous trumpet once again...

anything choir

I'll go along with that Elf Erv, especially live...

I'd have to agree with Steph- too many good ones to just pick one. Each artist has their own feel- warm and cozy, nostalgic, jubilant, fun...something for every mood. I looked to see if I had more of one particular artist in my play list, but I don't. There are a few albums that I can listen to straight through, though- Gene Autry, the Rudolph soundtrack and Johnny Mathis'- all 3 bring back lots of childhood memories.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I have listened to many of the songs, i.e. White Christmas, done by several different artists, but if I had to pick one to do that song, it has to be Bing. Though there are many great singers, I will have to admit that when I hear certain songs, one singer will always come to mind... for instance
    The Christmas Song - Nat King Col
    The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
    I'll Be Home for Christmas - Frank Sinatra
    A Tennessee Christmas - Alabama
    and so many others. Again not to knock any others who do these, but I do have my favs...