Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AM I TOO "grown up" for SANTA? Are U, too?

Talking AM I TOO "grown up" for SANTA? Are U, too?

Do not worry. There is someone for you. She is Colinda Koleda, young, honest, sweet and very, very, perky CHRISTMAS,YULETIDE... the holiday season long character! She has a red, flying convertible for Christmas night. It is loaded with the PREZZIES and she has two companions ( owl and tree ) onboard. Some people say that she is so hot that her smile meld even the thickest ice. Donīt send mail to North Pole, send mail to MARY BYRD LAND. The Nordic businessperson J.J. Monto Esq, has created this Christmas personification for all of us who want something different but with real spirit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osOoqrc6xsQ

At 64... no. I love the original Saint Nicholas story and the eventual adaptations that got him to where he is today. As I have often said to others, as you "age" and mature there are two things that can accompany you from your childhood years. 1: being "Childish" and 2: being "Child-like". I do my best (with God's help) to refrain from the first, but I hope I will always keep alive the spirit contained in the second.
    There is also a large stuffed Santa that never is put away...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    At 64... no. I love the original Saint Nicholas story and the eventual adaptations that got him to where he is today. As I have often said to others, as you "age" and mature there are two things that can accompany you from your childhood years. 1: being "Childish" and 2: being "Child-like". I do my best (with God's help) to refrain from the first, but I hope I will always keep alive the spirit contained in the second.
    Hear, hear!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

you're never to old for Santa or to be Santa .

Nope.. I agree you are never to old to be a believer. The key is to never let anyone judge you for your beliefs.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Believing in Santa is child-like, which I hope to remain all my days. Putting Santa down is very childish, which I hope I never am...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Im 38 and I still believe

Good for you and I hope as the years continue to press on, that your belief will not diminish, but continue to grow...

I'm 62 and each year I look a bit more like the old Gentleman in question.Too grown up for Santa ? what nonsense !
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)