Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would my wife be mad?

:tree: Would my wife be mad?

My wife and I started going back to school this year and I bought myself a Nook Color last month. Come to find out, none of my school books are available in digital format. #1 on my wife's Christmas list this year is a Nook Color. Would it be absolutely terrible for my to put it back in the box and give it to her for Christmas? It would just seem like a waste to buy her a new one when I have one that hasn't even been used more than 4 or 5 times. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Well...speaking for myself, I know my wife would be completely fine with that. Only YOU can truly judge how she will respond, but when it comes to money, my wife would consider it completely logical. Plus, it demonstrates that her wish is important to you. My vote: Give it to her.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

i guess shes seen you useing it ? if so dont wrap it offer it to her .
    i wouldent get mad talk to her about it
    GOOD LUCK !
    And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, Lying in a manger.
    - St. Luke ii.

Quote Originally Posted by mina553 View Post
    i guess shes seen you useing it ? if so dont wrap it offer it to her .
    i wouldent get mad talk to her about it
    GOOD LUCK !
    I think this is good advice!
    I wouldn't be mad, but I'd feel like you were trying to trick me into thinking it was a new one if you wrapped it up and gave it as a present. Get another smaller gift for a surprise and offer the Nook before Christmas.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Great advice! That's what the ladies at the office told me too. I will probably give her a $50 B&N gift card along with it.

I was going to say that mina and ChantelleJoy got it right!

"Hail him who saves you by his grace,
    and crown him Lord of all."

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I think you all misunderstood my reply. I guess I wasn't clear. I was NOT saying he should wrap it up and dupe her. I would be open about it. I was simply saying it could still be considered a gift.
    I love Outdoor Christmas Lights!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    I think you all misunderstood my reply. I guess I wasn't clear. I was NOT saying he should wrap it up and dupe her. I would be open about it. I was simply saying it could still be considered a gift.

I also agree with you, I definitly wouldn't mind getting an awesome second-hand gift like this. And I didnt think you meant to wrap it up. I was referring to the original post where he said he'd box it back up, I just wanted to say it's a good idea but not wrapped! Sorry to confuse my reply to you both! Hehe.

The gift card to go with is PERFECT!
    I think you didn't really need our advice, AJ!
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Please return back to let us know what's your final decision. Anyway, good luck 2 u

Great advice I think first you should think about her choice if she like something else just give it to her.