Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2017

Papa's Christmas Wonderland 2017

Hello my dear Christmas family,

The wonder in this years wonderland is that I wonder how I'm going to get it all done.
    Due to some unforeseen events I'm just getting started today, a full 3 weeks behind my normal start.

My work is exceedingly busy right now, I've been working about 55 hours a week, just turned 59 last month and the plain truth is I'm beat.

But enough crying the blues old man it's Christmas, time to make the magic happen once again.
    Time to turn this thing off and get crackin'.

Look forward too seeing everybody's holiday efforts this year.
    Seasons greetings my friends lets make it one of the best ever,this sad old world of ours desperately needs the joy of Christmas this year.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite passages from Dickens A Christmas Carol'

"There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say," returned the nephew. "Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!"

Papa
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Papa, I always love seeing the stupendous job you do on your Christmas decorations each year and I so appreciate that you take the time to share it all with us. But, just do what you can and give yourself the rest you need. Your health is what’s most important

Thanks Steph,
    My health is fine I just need more naps
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

I’m glad to hear your health is good....looking forward to seeing all the pictures of your decorations this year

Papa! We were wondering where you were! Sorry to hear you're so busy, but relieved and happy to see you back on the Forum this year!

Love of love,

Chantelle & Family.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Thanks Chantelle,
    And thanks for doing what you do to keep this place going,I believe social media has just about done us in though.
    Seems as though there are very few folks on here anymore compared to five or six years ago,Mike and I seem to be the only ones who persevere on this thread.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas season.
    Papa
    Papa_Christmas

Good to see you again Papa and looking forward to seeing your hard work

Welcome back
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Looking forward to your posts Papa! Happy belated birthday!

Finally done will be taking pictures this week The Front Entry (Nutcrackers) Front Entry continued on page 2
    Last edited by Papa_Christmas; 01-07-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Papa_Christmas