Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im really Sorry for not sending cards, this year... :(

Im really Sorry for not sending cards, this year... :(

Hello to all and Merry Christmas everyone

IMG_4926.JPG

I thought this would be the perfect day to sit down and write to you why Iv been away all these months.

IMG_5141.JPG

Most of you probably know, that 8 months ago, me, my brother, sister and some closed family friends have decided to rent a place and make our own business.
    In the east side of Thessaloniki, on Vafopoulou street, one of the most charming and interesting little streets of my city full of trees and vintage stores, we finally made it and have built a fresh cooperative cafe named ''The Oraion Ntepot''. The name basically means ‘The beautiful Depot’ and refers to the name of the neighborhood.

To Oraion Ntepot started operating in April 2015 and quickly became known as a very unique place to enjoy a cup of coffee or some tsipouro accompanied with tasty meze dishes at a low price. I think that the highlight of To Oraion Ntepot is to be seated in the garden and relax in a green environment.

Moreover, To Oraion Ntepot is also a grocery store where you can find delicious products from around the country, also at a very low price. Frequently, we organise discussions, events, workshops and exhibitions!

IMG_3016.jpg IMG_3017.jpg IMG_5004.JPG

I made the decision to decorate the place, for this Christmas, unfortunately, there were no money left to make a tree, but I did my best with lots of twinkling lights..

This morning, the morning of Christmas, we decided to stay closed, so, whether you believe it or not, Ive finally found some time left to say a few words to all of you and mostly apologise for not having the time (for the first and last time in my life), to send cards.
    Ive got all yours ad I wanna thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I have to be honest, I did not feel good getting yours while not having the time to send mine..
    Its so funny, when you have your own buisiness, then, everything changes, all my life has changed, all my life has
    to do with that place, work for that place from home, do things for that place.. Not free time for me at all..

My dear friends, as you can see, I have attached some photos, mostly Christmas ones. Hope, you will like it.

Finally, I WANNA WISH YOU ALL A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND I JUST WANNA SAY (stolen from the Peanuts)
    ''Its not what is under the tree that matters, it's who is around the tree''.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

I attach some more photos of the place, my friends.
    Here, is the second bar, near the window. I have got some Christmas books from home, for people who visit the place.

Attachment 6827 Attachment 6828

I have decorated the stair with 1200 twinkling light, took me almost 2 days..

Attachment 6829 Attachment 6830 IMG_4968.JPG

Me and mum have cooked lots of things, Ive also made a great Gluhwein!!!

IMG_3047.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_5114.JPG

Hello and Merry Christmas my friend
    Your place looks great
    I'm happy everything is going good with the cafe shop since it's always risky going to this kind of project especially nowadays
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Olga, I understand about having your own business - very time consuming and stressful. My husband has had his own business for years now. Hope your Christmas was great!
    Last edited by ornamentmaven; 12-27-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hi, my dear Olga,

The place looks so beautiful and cosy. I love it. no need to worry about sending cards, we do it because we love you. so
    it doesn't matter whether we get one or not.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish that your little Beautiful Depot will go from strength to strength in 2016..

Love always. tink and Karl....xxx
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by *Snowflake* View Post
    Hello and Merry Christmas my friend
    Your place looks great
    I'm happy everything is going good with the cafe shop since it's always risky going to this kind of project especially nowadays
    Merry Christmas to you, too, Natalie and Happy New Year, my friend..
    Always risky, I definitely agree, however,things seem to go really good and Im quite optimistic, I have to say!
    Lets hope it will keep going like that. Really sorry, again, for not sending your card this, will never happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Olga, I understand about having your own business - very time consuming and stressful. My husband has had his own business for years now. Hope your Christmas was great!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Suzanne!

I did not understand this Christmas, unfortunately! All day at work, but, feel happy for the place I work, people
    seem to like it a lot and this makes us feel so good.

Its exactly what you said, all our life now is that place..

Next year, youll get a double card, sorry again, Suzanne!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    Hi, my dear Olga,

The place looks so beautiful and cosy. I love it. no need to worry about sending cards, we do it because we love you. so
    it doesn't matter whether we get one or not.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish that your little Beautiful Depot will go from strength to strength in 2016..

Love always. tink and Karl....xxx

Thank you for your kind words, Tink! May this year be the most wonderful one, for you and your family!
    Wishing you all the love and health of the world!!!!!

It's February the 15th, lights are still twinkling, Im thinking of not taking them down, the place looks so wonderful.