Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you miss most about Christmas as a child?

your so right about that...

as a little kid- every year i look forward to the school classroom celebrations the teachers would set up for us kids...This was back in grade school. We had our classroom christmas tree, the decorations we made in class, the family christmas concerts, the classroom party with drinks, food and the teacher would pass out little stocking stuffers...the classroom would look festive and it just brought the christmas fun to us kids back then...i will always remember the joy those teachers brought to us kids back then...

I had forgotten all about those early school celebrations. They were a nice diversion from academics. For me it went all the way through High School, I use to look forward to those Christmas concerts and plays...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

i miss the spirit of the holiday itself

Quote Originally Posted by prancer View Post
    i miss the spirit of the holiday itself
    prancer! Glad you are joining us!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Being in my late 60's, my biggest part I miss is the simplicity...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I guess i miss the snow, i also miss one christmas tree that got cut down, it looked magical when it had snow and lights on it, but got removed after new neighbours moved in.

Quote Originally Posted by darketernal View Post
    I guess i miss the snow, i also miss one christmas tree that got cut down, it looked magical when it had snow and lights on it, but got removed after new neighbours moved in.
    I miss the snow, too. It seems the snow waits until right after everyone's taken down their lights!

I've seen people decorate outdoor evergreen trees- so pretty. I can sit and stare at Christmas lights, like I sit and stare into a fire.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

In the days before Malls. Santa would usually appear in either the largest store in the local area or (even better) at the local community center. The anticipation was incredible...

the big Christmas catalogs arriving in the mail, like the Sears Wishbook