Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OLD Christmas Movies

Seems like most everything is on You Tube these days. But for a break from the traditional, try Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

The Bishop's Wife looks like it might be entertaining- I will have to check that out. And Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Even when I am not exactly in the best of Christmas moods, The Bishop's Wife never ceases to make me both smile and at the end get very emotional (don't tell anyone)...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

The end of the Bishop's Wife surprised me. And the movie made me want to go out and be nice to people.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    The end of the Bishop's Wife surprised me. And the movie made me want to go out and be nice to people.
    It was a very touching ending and the thought of completing the sermon that David Niven began has been on my mind for some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    It was a very touching ending and the thought of completing the sermon that David Niven began has been on my mind for some time...
    As in you giving the completed sermon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    As in you giving the completed sermon?
    If I felt directed, yes. But for the most part, just composing it to see how I would be inspired...

That's nice. Are you good with public speaking?

Well, I did my share in the military. On the radio, training seminars and briefings to the staff...

Christmas movies never get old!