Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Decorates The Tree

I decorate the trees and the cats un-decorate them

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    I decorate the trees and the cats un-decorate them
    Too Funny
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    My Daughter has two that she decorates one in her room and one in the spare room(her living room)My wife and I normally do seven trees 3 by her and four by me.
    Covid has caused us to cancel our Christmas parties for 2020, that coupled with a recent death in the family and a new dog with an unruly long tail joining the family,we will only be doing four trees this year.We always start right after Halloween but circumstances have delayed us and we are just now getting started.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you'll be able to enjoy the season, even if it will be more contained. The new dog should help!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Thanks KC,I prefer to celebrate a life rather than morn a loss.It was my sister who passed she was 11 years older than I. We moved her (and her dog)from Ohio to Texas in March because she was ill and living alone in our parents house.We wanted her to be surrounded by family when her time came.Christmas is always welcome in our house we will miss and remember her (we used to fly her down here every year for a week at Christmas) but life goes on and this Christmas will be as joyful and wondrous as always.
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Christmas View Post
    Thanks KC,I prefer to celebrate a life rather than morn a loss.It was my sister who passed she was 11 years older than I. We moved her (and her dog)from Ohio to Texas in March because she was ill and living alone in our parents house.We wanted her to be surrounded by family when her time came.Christmas is always welcome in our house we will miss and remember her (we used to fly her down here every year for a week at Christmas) but life goes on and this Christmas will be as joyful and wondrous as always.
    You looked out for her well. I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

And I'm thankful that Christmas seems to stand outside of time, returning once again with warmth, brightness and happy memories.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I do most of the tree decorating myself.

I do about 95% of all the indoor and outdoor decorating. I always have done it by myself, so I guess to me it is just the norm. But I enjoy it as well...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I do, although sometimes my niece and nephew will come over and help me decorate it.

There is also one tradition that I made some 35 years ago. I have a handmade ornament by my son when he was five. It is the first ornament I hang (centered) and the last one to be removed...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"