Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's The One Tradition You Want To Carry On

We don't use Christmas Crackers anymore because the Sweets & Treats table out shines them and my guest were never impressed with what was inside. The small children loved to pop them for the noise but left the goodies behind.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    We don't use Christmas Crackers anymore because the Sweets & Treats table out shines them and my guest were never impressed with what was inside. The small children loved to pop them for the noise but left the goodies behind.
    The prizes are always junk, and the jokes groan worthy, but they are a great ice breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by christmasnut View Post
    Ok guys whats the one tradition you want to carry on...Mine has to be Decorating the house with my children and grandchildren...Christmas is the time of year when you get all the family together and enjoying every minute of it
    I too love that tradition very much. I'm divorced and it's kinda hard now, but me and my ex wife still get along for the sake of our child.

I carry on my moms it's the whole house done in christmas before thanksgiving and it's those family moments that we share and treasure.

Many years ago when my son was five, the school he attended had them make a Christmas ornament for the tree. It is simply a round piece of wood, with a gold chain through it and painted Christmas colors with the words Merry Christmas on it (something I'm sure the teachers helped with). He was anxious to put it on the tree when I was setting it up and so it went on first (after the lights) and centered on the tree. So to this day (34 years later) it is still the first ornament on the main tree and the last one to come off when I take it down...

Hi, it's grate

My son's first Christmas ornament to me. The first one on the tree and the last one off... Merry Christmas!!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

stockings. even for the pets

Not putting the gifts under the tree or filling the stockings until right before we go to bed on Christmas Eve.

Also, decorating the tree together & having Christmas Eve as the main celebration. I really wish I could have continued the tradition of tagging a Christmas tree in the fall.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Sleeping Christmas Eve by the tree. I may be getting too old for that though unless I get some serious padding to lay on... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"