Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's The One Tradition You Want To Carry On

We have picked out our first one for this December. New Ulm, Minnesota...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    We have picked out our first one for this December. New Ulm, Minnesota...
    Sounds wonderful, and what a fun new tradition!
    Speaking of which, I'm hoping Papa Christmas or another member from the Lone Star state can tell us about this. https://www.grapevinetexasusa.com/ch...ital-of-texas/
    I'm intrigued, because I like warmer weather, and I enjoyed visiting Texas in the past.

Grapevine, TX sounds fun- I love when a town goes all out.

And New Ulm, MN looks picturesque- like the good old days.

I was thinking of going to Newport, RI.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Looks like a lot of us are onboard with this. I'll make sure to take pics to share...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Looks like a lot of us are onboard with this. I'll make sure to take pics to share...
    Thanks, I'd like to see some nostalgic decorating, like they seem to have on their streets.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I'll be sure and take plenty of shots. I also found out that there are several places in the US that have a Polar Express train ride in the Nov-Dec time frame. May have to check that out at some point as well...

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    The prizes are always junk, and the jokes groan worthy, but they are a great ice breaker.
    I bought Christmas Crackers a couple years. The one I remember was everyone received a differently tuned horn? or something and a sheet of music that told us who plays a note at what time, creating a song. It was quite amusing.

I keep my eyes open for ones that I think might be more interesting, but don't often see them.

Filling stockings for someone not on your gift list...

stockings are a must, even for pets

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    stockings are a must, even for pets
    I agree. My wife and I began a few years ago to fill and send stockings for those on our list. Some even said they could not remember the last time they got one...