Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What Makes U Feel Christmassey

Quote Originally Posted by HighPriestessIce View Post
    The first snowfall really gets me in the spirit!
    Yes! I wish all of December had constant light snowfall! Lately, we've been getting warm spells mid-December that really kill the Christmas vibe.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Twice... When the Hallmark Christmas movies begin and when the stores start displaying/decorating for the season...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Yes! I love the snow but the last couple years there hasn't been any on christmas :c I am impatiently waiting for the first snowfall but it's still 20c.

Snow does add a bit. Especially since you never know when those first flakes will fall...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by HighPriestessIce View Post
    Yes! I love the snow but the last couple years there hasn't been any on christmas :c I am impatiently waiting for the first snowfall but it's still 20c.
    I thought for sure Canada had white Christmases... I'm not really liking the new norm for December.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I would have thought so as well. My big thing is to have snow covering all the cords for the yard displays... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I would have thought so as well. My big thing is to have snow covering all the cords for the yard displays... lol
    How often do you have a white Christmas/December, Bishop? I picture South Dakota snowy, but you're almost at the same latitude as I am...

Most of the time, snow is on the ground at Christmas. I can only remember a handful of occasions when it actually feel on Christmas Eve or Day...

a snowstorm and a gallon of eggnog

I'll go along with the snow, but I'll replace the eggnog with hot cocoa...