Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Anything Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    In Victorian times it was tradition to put a tree up on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Putting it up any earlier was considered bad luck.
    Probably why Victorian times did not last... lol.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

The craft making that mine and my friend's mother would do together in the fall, making things for the holiday bazaar at our school. I loved that something Christmassy was going on!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I should get more into Christmas crafts. Maybe a good time to plan for it is now... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I should get more into Christmas crafts. Maybe a good time to plan for it is now... lol
    I was thinking the same thing. I felt like I wanted to do one this past December, but couldn't decide what. I plan to have one ready in advance for this coming Christmas.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

One really good thing about the internet. Great ideas and if you can't find it locally, then shop online... lol

Family and Friends. Christmas is just tht more special when someone is hugging you back.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

I agree. Especially when someone travels from a far place to be there...

Fresh gingerbread... Great anytime of the year and puts you in the mood for a great Hallmark movie..

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    Fresh gingerbread... Great anytime of the year and puts you in the mood for a great Hallmark movie..
    Would that be in cookie form or bread form, because I really could go for a bread form right about now...

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Would that be in cookie form or bread form, because I really could go for a bread form right about now...
    bread all the way. the house smells so good for about a week. This is the recipe I use.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/73...d-gingerbread/