Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything Christmas

Periodically stopping throughout the day, to just absorb the Christmas atmosphere.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

My Christmas desire this year is to be totally done by this Saturday and then spend the last week immersed in the joy of the season...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Old-fashioned C7 twinkle lights...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Main streets decorated and lit with Christmas decorations.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Waiting for CIJ when Hobby Lobby starts putting out their Christmas stuff...

I know it may be a bit early but I have been buying some items for my homemade recipe jars. I think that's what you would call them. They would have the dry ingredients in the jars, and a tag with the written wet ingredients to place in for the person receiving it...I have already gotten mason jars, tags, fabric for sewing the bags to place them in with ribbon. I only mention this and started buying items so come close to Christmas I won't be scrambling to find items I need....i will actually be able to make these with out being in a hurry...lol I notice my family loves to bake and thought this would be a nice family idea for them, and a enjoyable craft for my self to put together...I also got yarn on sale and am doing some blankets as gifts....
    Anyone else thought of doing anything homemade for gifts...

I wish I was a bit more on the "crafty" side. But I do shop early as well and during the year, if I see something that I know would be a nice gift (or stocking stuffer), I pick it up and have a special place to store them...

Yes, I think its a great Christmassy idea to pick up early gifts that might be on sale or you just happen to come by for a certain person...it puts me in a good mood...

Yes indeed. Nothing comes close to that feeling of Christmas anytime of the year...

Quote Originally Posted by lizziesnow123 View Post
    I know it may be a bit early but I have been buying some items for my homemade recipe jars. I think that's what you would call them. They would have the dry ingredients in the jars, and a tag with the written wet ingredients to place in for the person receiving it...I have already gotten mason jars, tags, fabric for sewing the bags to place them in with ribbon. I only mention this and started buying items so come close to Christmas I won't be scrambling to find items I need....i will actually be able to make these with out being in a hurry...lol I notice my family loves to bake and thought this would be a nice family idea for them, and a enjoyable craft for my self to put together...I also got yarn on sale and am doing some blankets as gifts....
    Anyone else thought of doing anything homemade for gifts...
    Those jars are a nice idea and sound like they will look festive when you're done with them. I unfortunately can't start early this year, as I don't know how we'll be celebrating. Last year it was decided not to exchange gifts (not even stockings). I tried to enjoy it despite that, but I have to say it lost something for me. Even though I can get stressed trying to find the right gift for everyone, I like Christmas shopping and wrapping- it's part of the whole holiday experience for me (more than I realized).

I have looked into homemade gifts here and there, but I'm like Bishop- not super crafty (wish I were). I'm still thinking about it, though. I had been tossing around the idea of making tonic wines for people (I'm into herbal/Chinese medicine) and dressing them up, but haven't researched that enough yet. I would love to get gifts ready, or at least partially ready, in the summer- extending the holiday season and like you said, not having to hurry!

I hope you have fun making your gifts Lizzie!