Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Anything Christmas

Have not started yet, but I decided to give those plastic containers for lunch meat a new home and am decorating them to fill with cookies, candy, fudge, etc...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Have not started yet, but I decided to give those plastic containers for lunch meat a new home and am decorating them to fill with cookies, candy, fudge, etc...
    That's different. My mind just doesn't come up with things like that.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Well, it was something I thought up as the "recycle" people are getting tighter on which plastic items you can actually recycle...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Well, it was something I thought up as the "recycle" people are getting tighter on which plastic items you can actually recycle...
    That's funny, I was just thinking the other day how restrictive it used to be with what plastics you could recycle. Now, pretty much anything goes. I wonder if things will change back here...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Walking through Hobby Lobby now that a lot of the Christmas is up. I asked my wife if she noticed anything different about the store versus others this time of year. She said, "No. What is different?". I asked her to look around... no Halloween stuff.

Walking through Hobby Lobby now that a lot of the Christmas is up. I asked my wife if she noticed anything different about the store versus others this time of year. She said, "No. What is different?". I asked her to look around... no Halloween stuff.
    Wow- just looked that up. I don't see too many businesses passing up profit for religious beliefs. Good for them.

Indeed. Even to the point of being closed on Sundays and most holidays...

Speaking of stores having Christmas things up, ours are mostly empty- Target, Michaels... and it's November! Like I mean 7 different items and tons of empty shelves.

Sorry to hear that. Ours here in Sioux Falls are looking good, especially Hobby Lobby.

In Victorian times it was tradition to put a tree up on the afternoon of Christmas Eve. Putting it up any earlier was considered bad luck.