Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Summer Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Which reminds me- chasing fireflies on the Eve of the solstice- we no longer catch them, just chase them down as if we were going to catch them. We have a patch of woods behind our house and they're all lit up with fireflies in June and part of July- gorgeous.
    We also have fireflies here in SD and especially on humid evenings, we see them all over our backyard while seated on the deck...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

The smell of freshly mowed grass (while you're relaxing and your neighbor is mowing ).
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    The smell of freshly mowed grass (while you're relaxing and your neighbor is mowing ).
    I kind of enjoying smelling the freshly mowed grass WHILE I'm mowing. Yard work is a welcome chore while working from home these days!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

And when finished, laying down on a freshly mowed lawn...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    I kind of enjoying smelling the freshly mowed grass WHILE I'm mowing. Yard work is a welcome chore while working from home these days!
    Do you have a riding mower? I mainly smell exhaust when I'm behind my walk behind...

And I agree- I'm looking forward to getting back out in the sun!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Not exactly Summer here in SD, but the 60's to low 70's are a very welcome relief. Rain has fallen, fertilizer down (along with some grass seed earlier) and mowing will begin soon. For now we have to deal with the wind...

Bike riding

I'll go along with that and maybe some old fashioned Kite flying...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I'll go along with that and maybe some old fashioned Kite flying...
    In China they flew kites at night and had strings of lights on the tails...was cool to see.

Wiffle ball

That would be very cool to see...

Sipping lemonade on the deck...