Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its Bye from me too..

It's sad to see people go, but I understand. The good news is HUGE changes are just around the corner. I hope that everyone finds their way back.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    It's sad to see people go, but I understand. The good news is HUGE changes are just around the corner. I hope that everyone finds their way back.

Thought i would come back and see how things go here..

I'm new this year, but I will be on and replying to the various threads at least weekly... let's have that spirit press us onward...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

:snow:

Sorry as i've been away i just got a position with our events and tourism so it keeps me very busy and i'm still doing my diy's repurposing and upcycling and i'm doing my confection making so i'm trying to get myself organized and getting things here adjusted so things will all come together.I think of you all often and miss you all,i'll be trying to check in as much as i can.

People often get very busy with the everyday parts that make our lives... exciting, frustrating, pensive and a multitude of other feelings. The wonderful thing about a site like this is that you can come when you are able, leave a message and connect without the pressure of making it an every day mandatory function.
    Lie an old commercial use to say... I'll Leave the Light on For You!!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Nicely said Bishop1954,alot of things have been closed and cancelled here because of the storm so i'm home today.

Thank you. Can I ask just where this storm has hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Thank you. Can I ask just where this storm has hit?
    Storm was a nor'easter - a very large one that was about 1000 miles wide, along the Atlantic coastline. Hardest hit areas were New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire. Ultra high winds and either heavy snow or heavy rains with flooding. Eight deaths, 2+ million without power. Lots of structural damage and trees down. On a new bridge in downstate NY (Mario Cuomo bridge previously known as the Tappan Zee bridge) there were multiple overturned tractor trailers - due to the winds. Only got about 6 inches of snow where I live in PA, but ferocious winds! My Mom lives in Syracuse, NY and they got about 2 feet of snow!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

About all I can add to that is... WOW!!! I have been following it on the news. What can be worse than a power outage in the winter? I've been there a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    About all I can add to that is... WOW!!! I have been following it on the news. What can be worse than a power outage in the winter? I've been there a few times.
    Yes - we luckily didn't lose power, but I'm now having trouble with my furnace (AGAIN) and we are expecting another 6 inches of snow on Wednesday. Yuck! I lived in the NYC northern suburbs until 2 years ago. During both the Hurricane Irene and Hurricane Sandy situations we lost power for 6 and 7 days. It is amazing how dependent we are on our power source. I can't imagine what life was like in the "olden days".
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas