Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Shopping

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I prefer to shop in stores, but I get it done early to avoid the crowds. That way I can go shopping in December to just enjoy the atmosphere.
    I no longer send presents out of the country. The only people I still buy for in Canada, is an older couple and my mother. I just go on line and have a huge poinsettia, or other holiday item delivered at the beginning of December.
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 10-27-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I prefer to shop in stores, but I get it done early to avoid the crowds. That way I can go shopping in December to just enjoy the atmosphere.
    I know longer send presents out of the country. The only people I still buy for in Canada, is an older couple and my mother. I just go on line and havea huge poinsettia, or other holiday item delivered at the beginning of December.
    Jolly I agree with you. Any in-store shopping I do, I get done before Thanksgiving. Sometimes I will wait and buy stocking stuffers in-store, in December just so I can watch the crowds!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Some of both, depending on what is desired by others. If I can get it locally (or at the Mall of America), I will. There are some things that need to be ordered online, but I see some of the results in many of our old favorite stores closing down as a result of this trend.
    What we don't need, especially at Christmas time, is people out of work...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I like the little "mom and pop" shops on our Main Street. Unique gifts

We have a few in downtown Sioux Falls, that I will shop at as well...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    There are some things that need to be ordered online, but I see some of the results in many of our old favorite stores closing down as a result of this trend.
    So do I. I can't believe how many stores have left. I've never liked shopping (I find it exhausting), so online suits me better, but the loss of so many of the stores- the major ones (Macy's) as well as the unique gift shops that I really came to appreciate, is really sad. I'm another one who likes to get shopping done early, so I don't stress, and then go out during the season to just soak everything up. Which is getting more difficult with the loss of the stores!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Yes, the walking around can be a bit tough. I usually make a day of it and stop for lunch and take in a few sights along the way as well. Sometimes just sit by a window at a cafe and watch the people passing by...

We go to the mall for the atmosphere and DH, DS1, DS2 shop at stores and a little bit online. I do most of my shopping online but look at return policies. That's so important because last year, a lot of the clothing that was purchased went back! This year, most of my purchases came from Amazon, ebay, with a little from Target, Barnes & Noble, Champion and gift cards from my CC rewards program.

I especially enjoy going to the local Hallmark store for ornaments and other Christmas items versus their web site. You just can't duplicate the feeling online...

I love to shop at mom and pop shops throughout the holidays. Major retailers are done online and I don't do any crazy sales after Thanksgiving.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime