Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Shopping

Hybrid View

Christmas Shopping

I try and do all my christmas shopping locally to keep our stores tills ringing....Where do you do your christmas shopping?

Now that I'm older and have trouble walking, I do a lot of online shopping.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

We probably do 90% of our Christmas shopping online now.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Mostly online nowadays!!!

Merry Snowy Christmas
    Love & Peace to the World

It is so easy to shop online. I sometimes miss the hustle-bustle of shopping at stores, but don't miss the long lines and crowds. The one thing I do go out to buy is gift cards, but they are easy because you can get them at grocery or drug stores. I usually buy these cards for older gift recipients - like my Mom and Mother-in-law. I give them cards for restaurants, movie theaters, coffee shops. They don't need any more "things" in their homes as they are both in their mid to late 80's. Sometimes, I will end up buying them for my daughters. I know the stores they like, but also know they like to pick-out their own things.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    It is so easy to shop online. I sometimes miss the hustle-bustle of shopping at stores, but don't miss the long lines and crowds. The one thing I do go out to buy is gift cards, but they are easy because you can get them at grocery or drug stores. I usually buy these cards for older gift recipients - like my Mom and Mother-in-law. I give them cards for restaurants, movie theaters, coffee shops. They don't need any more "things" in their homes as they are both in their mid to late 80's. Sometimes, I will end up buying them for my daughters. I know the stores they like, but also know they like to pick-out their own things.
    Well said. I'm like you - I miss shopping in stores at Christmas for the atmosphere, but I don't miss the lines! There's something about being out with the crowds, seeing the decorations, Santa Claus with lines of kids to see him, etc.
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    Well said. I'm like you - I miss shopping in stores at Christmas for the atmosphere, but I don't miss the lines! There's something about being out with the crowds, seeing the decorations, Santa Claus with lines of kids to see him, etc.
    Yes, I miss those things too! But I can appreciate them far more when my shopping is mostly done and I'm not stressed.

I miss the little gift shops that were packed with unique gifts- they never stay too long.
    Last edited by Mistletoe; 12-23-2022 at 03:35 AM.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I always like to shop the sales after the holidays for a lot of the following years gifts. Saves me so much time and I don't have to fight the crowds. Online is fun too. You just have to watch out that they don't send you damaged products, which has happened to me more then once.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    I always like to shop the sales after the holidays for a lot of the following years gifts. Saves me so much time and I don't have to fight the crowds. Online is fun too. You just have to watch out that they don't send you damaged products, which has happened to me more then once.
    Smart way to do the christmas shopping CC1979...you must save a fortune doing ur shopping that way...

Like wstaple said, love the atmosphere around Christmas and that's why I shop almost all presents in stores.
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*