Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you hang your stocking on Christmas eve

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I've heard of that, but no. We did not have an "Official" place to hang them, so they showed up filled and under the tree Christmas morning when I was growing up. In our home, they hang empty on various stocking holders throughout the house and if when filled they can still hold the weight, cool. Otherwise, under the tree they go as well...
    A lot of the time ours aren't able to hold the weight, so they're laid down under where they were hanging. Such a lovely vision.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    A lot of the time ours aren't able to hold the weight, so they're laid down under where they were hanging. Such a lovely vision.
    Indeed. And I will admit, that if I could only get one "thing" at Christmas, it would be a filled stocking. Always my last and favorite present to open...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Indeed. And I will admit, that if I could only get one "thing" at Christmas, it would be a filled stocking. Always my last and favorite present to open...
    Me too! Except we always opened the stockings first.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Me too! Except we always opened the stockings first.
    I can see and appreciate the anticipation in doing it first...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by christmasnut View Post
    Our stockings is hung by the fireplace..Where is your stocking hung?
    On the fire place

Ours got a bit too heavy for the holders, so they are under the tree, front and center...

Ours got a bit too heavy for the holders, so they are under the tree, front and center...
    Although they look really nice hanging full, no one ever wishes that they were less full, so they could hang instead of being laid down.

Although they look really nice hanging full, no one ever wishes that they were less full, so they could hang instead of being laid down.
    An excellent point...

I use command hooks because they will hold the weight of a full stocking.
    Last edited by drummerdude; 11-05-2022 at 01:48 AM.

This year, they will be in the Harry Potter library (I put it together for my wife). That way the dogs will not get to them... lol