Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gardening...What will you plant in your garden this spring

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I have not tried herbs as much. I suppose it is because I'm not sure what to do with them after they grow... lol.
    I use a lot of herbs and spices in my cooking - especially basil and chives. I am diabetic so I use seasonings to "ramp" up the flavor without adding carbs! Nothing beats freshly grown herbs!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

In that case I may have to try a few. I do have a couple window box style planters that I could use for those items. Thanks for the tip!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    In that case I may have to try a few. I do have a couple window box style planters that I could use for those items. Thanks for the tip!
    Yes, I use those types of planters myself - put in a very sunny area and water daily!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Thanks again. I will admit to not being one with a "Green Thumb" so any advise is welcome...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Smile

I have window boxes and a couple of flower gardens and i'll be planting more lilac trees and another butterfly bush and some more rose bushes plus my vegetable garden.

Do you grow a large garden or just enough to dine on when it is ready to pluck?

Smile

I grow a good size garden love my fresh veggies and things,as i do blueberry and strawberry bushes as well as rasberries,and my flower gardens are pretty good size,love the smells of my flowers.

Very cool. Mine is small, but I enjoy watching it come up and of course the aromas from the flowers and the flavors from the garden.

I want to try parsley, green onions and cucumbers again next spring. I don't know what the heck happened this last season, but my annuals were all stunted.

And I agree ornamentmaven- nothing like fresh herbs- I'm a new convert!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I re-did a portion of my backyard this past year and only planted perennials. But, I did grow a couple of Green Pepper plants that are now inside and still producing. Have not yet decided about next Spring...