Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite christmas candy

White Chocolate Peppermint bark is another goody I love to feast on.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Just saw that Wal-Mart got in some Chocolate Pretzels rods. Guess I'll have to increase my walks... lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I love getting a package of ribbon candy. Luckily I found some at Cracker barrel.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Ribbon candy is an iconic Christmas candy for me, and I like to see it set out, but I don't really eat it. I used to like a wintergreen candy cane in my stocking when I was a kid. Now, if I'm eating chocolate at the time, my favorites are the Polish rum or cognac filled dark chocolates.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I enjoy it (ribbon candy), but I need to do it in smaller amounts now that the "age thing" is creeping up on me... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I enjoy it (ribbon candy), but I need to do it in smaller amounts now that the "age thing" is creeping up on me... lol
    Do you have a favorite flavor?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Cherry is my all-time favorite. Guess it is because it helps the medicine go down when I was young... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Cherry is my all-time favorite. Guess it is because it helps the medicine go down when I was young... lol
    I don't think we ever had cherry, since I usually really like it. We had some vague mint tasting ones...not sure what the exact flavor was, but something along the lines of wintergreen. There were also different colors, but I obviously preferred that one, as I have no clear recollection of the other flavors.

My mom got one once that was licorice flavored. I nearly gagged... lol

I asked my mother what flavors of ribbon candy she used to get us- she said she didn't realize they came in different flavors. She never really liked them, but got them because they were pretty.