Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planning Ahead

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations. We've moved into our new home, and this year it appears we're going to be doing icicle lights on the gutters, and I want to do multi-colored chasing lights around the roof (outlining it). I think we may do something up the driveway, like candy canes, or something. No inflatables this year, but haven't ruled it out for next year. I'll post pics as I start to collect and put the decorations up.

I'm adding another tree this year and i'll be adding more of own greenery and some of my own red bows that i make also adding more lights this year also i have window boxes now which i will do up for christmas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    This is one of my pet peeves. Everyone expects me to host a large dinner and do all the decorating myself. When I ask people to help decorate the tree, I get "I'm too busy, besides Christmas is your thing." It's enough to make me go Scrooge!
    It's a killjoy when people don't want to join you in the festiveness!

I'd like to decorate with some wreaths again (we don't usually have them), as I've enjoyed the ones we made this year.

One day I'd like to have a skinny tree in the dining room, but there's no room in there right now.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Hello

hey, i have an idea

I have a plan to decorate the area with balloons.

great idea...

This Christmas will be a little different for us. Our first dog ( Bobo) passed away 3 weeks after Christmas last year. We include our dogs in everything for the holidays. From baking doggie treats, family photos, holiday light watching, opening stockings and even Christmas morning. It will be a little tough to celebrate with a lump in my throat. But will cherish her memory always.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    This Christmas will be a little different for us. Our first dog ( Bobo) passed away 3 weeks after Christmas last year. We include our dogs in everything for the holidays. From baking doggie treats, family photos, holiday light watching, opening stockings and even Christmas morning. It will be a little tough to celebrate with a lump in my throat. But will cherish her memory always.
    Sorry for the loss of your pet.
    I think this Christmas is going to be tough for a lot of people for various reasons. One of my friends lost his mother to Corona virus, and she absolutely loved the holidays! I know her presence will be missed by his family.

Christmas will be different as this year it will be quiet here just my son and our dogs as our family has made a choice to stay in our own homes but,will be chatting online and visiting with each other there,as our numbers here have been climbing we all made this better choice.Of course my baking and confection making is put on hold this year which i have to say this slow way of life has been good as you can really enjoy that every moment and the beauty that it holds.Our home will still be decked out and i will be baking for us and making my furbabes treats but,it will be a quiet time as we'll be able to truly enjoy the spirit of the season to enjoy the beauty of the season making our own little family memory which will be cherished.