Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planning Ahead

Planning Ahead

With Spring just around the corner...Before we know it Christmas will be upon us again...Have you got any plans to make Christmas 2017 even better...I would love to hear what you have planned for Christmas 2017

No new plans this year. I had a new house to decorate last Christmas - so I will just be "fine tuning" what I did last year!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Last year, I lined my driveway and mulch beds with C9 lights. As good as it looked, I had three different people back over them with their cars, causing me to have to replace the entire strand of lights each time. This year I'm trying to come up with an alternative use for the lights. I'll probably still line the mulch beds with lights, but I'd like to put them on the edge of the roof near the gutters, too.

I'm looking for a 4'-6' tree to put in the nursery for my grandson this year at our house. I want to start a new tradition with him, decorating "his" tree with his ornaments and lights. He may be too small for it this year, but I want to get it started so he'll hopefully remember it next year.

I also want to add to my Department 56 Christmas Vacation collection this year to make that display a little larger.

That's what I've come up with so far. I know I'll probably add more things I'd like to do over the coming months!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

This year we will be having another Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I also want to add more themed cookie exchanges. Would love to take my family to see some snow this year.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatechip1979 View Post
    This year we will be having another Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I also want to add more themed cookie exchanges. Would love to take my family to see some snow this year.
    Ugly Christmas Sweater party sounds great !
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

My fiancé and I just had a baby, and we are about to close on our house in the next month, so this year I'll be decorating our house! I'm pretty excited to say the least. I'm not sure as of yet what I will be doing, but it will be fun, not super huge, but very festive.

Congrats on the new baby and house.

Quote Originally Posted by polrwht07 View Post
    My fiancé and I just had a baby, and we are about to close on our house in the next month, so this year I'll be decorating our house! I'm pretty excited to say the least. I'm not sure as of yet what I will be doing, but it will be fun, not super huge, but very festive.
    Congratulations!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Congrats on the new baby polrwht!

Good to see you here chocoltechip
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Thank you ornamentmaven... I really do love being part of this group.