Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Christmas cards a thing of the past

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I never tire of good wishes. I send them because I feel it is a bit more personal than a tweet or email. I would never want someone to send to me though, just due to having received one from me. I have a Christmas card list that in all honesty, I get less than half back from those I send to. But, I never give it a second thought and it has not stopped me from sending year by year. And think of it, with all the junk mail we get every year, isn't it nice to get something from someone who asks nothing in return? You are still on my list young lady... see you in December...
    I agree with you. But I happen to know a couple people who feel pressured by getting Christmas cards, as they feel they need to reciprocate. So they go out of their way to quickly dash one off, so they don't look bad, feeling resentful in the process. Not at all what the whole thing is about.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I agree with you. But I happen to know a couple people who feel pressured by getting Christmas cards, as they feel they need to reciprocate. So they go out of their way to quickly dash one off, so they don't look bad, feeling resentful in the process. Not at all what the whole thing is about.
    Yes and unfortunately there will always be those doing it for that reason. I also love the way they help decorate my home at Christmas time...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Yes and unfortunately there will always be those doing it for that reason. I also love the way they help decorate my home at Christmas time...
    I know, and it makes me feel good to see all the good wishes around me.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Exactly. And the people in your life who took an extra moment of their lives... just for you!!
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Good to see that it is not fading away. Christmas cards are once again filling the shelves and besides the norm, the Big Christmas Swap (Facebook), just adds to the enjoyment of both giving and receiving cards from here in the states and around the world...

I just got a Christmas card from Natali in Croatia- it was such a nice surprise! It put me right back in the mood. I was joking to my family that we got our first Christmas card of the year, and where should I hang it?

Very cool indeed. I don't see me ever getting tired of sending or receiving Christmas cards...

Very cool indeed. I don't see me ever getting tired of sending or receiving Christmas cards...
    No, me either.

I have to admit, that one of the things I really enjoy, is seeing some new designs on the cards. It seriously gets me in the mood...