Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Christmas cards a thing of the past

phone text greetings, the new thing

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    phone text greetings, the new thing
    We do both.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

This is my first year owning a smart phone, but I already have a stack of cards ready for the address. I think far too many of our "Christmas Traditions" have fallen by the wayside.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

This year I decided to try making Christmas greeting cards myself. This was my project that I was doing during lockdown. I decided to practice my graphic design skills and create wish cards for each member of my family. I was very lucky to find these free mockups https://www.ls.graphics/free-mockups/postcard-mockup with which I was able to make postcards without errors in size and correct format for printing on the first try. I think it might be useful for someone here too. Have you tried creating your own Christmas card designs? Did you specifically learn graphic design programs for this, or were you lucky and knew how to use these programs before?

I enjoy sending cards and taking time during the year to obtain unique ones. For some it may be "Old Hat" but for me it is much more personal to take the time to purchase, address, insert a short note or greeting and then mail it, versus getting some alert on your phone and typing a quick Christmas greeting.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I just got a new supply of Christmas cards. Most from the Retro Card company. Receding? Possibly, but thanks to Christmas card swap, mine has increased to include CIJ cards these past couple of years...

I still send Christmas cards to my wonderful ATC friends....been doing it since 2009
    Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    I still send Christmas cards to my wonderful ATC friends....been doing it since 2009
    Same here, along with the Christmas swap and of course friends and family. It's actually nice to see it expanding slightly...

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell2 View Post
    I saw that a lot of people left ATC unhappy. The first year after that I sent them all out, but I was getting the impression that people didn't really want to continue, so last year I stopped. I didn't want to annoy anyone. I did get yours last year (thanks ), but I thought it might only be due to my sending them out the year before.
    I will be happy to resume sending happy wishes your way.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I never tire of good wishes. I send them because I feel it is a bit more personal than a tweet or email. I would never want someone to send to me though, just due to having received one from me. I have a Christmas card list that in all honesty, I get less than half back from those I send to. But, I never give it a second thought and it has not stopped me from sending year by year. And think of it, with all the junk mail we get every year, isn't it nice to get something from someone who asks nothing in return? You are still on my list young lady... see you in December...