Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner and a movie

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    The Christmas Card - Turkey sandwich and curly fries
    Actually in this movie it was a chicken salad club on rye bread, curly fries extra crispy, hot chocolate with marshmallows. I love this movie. After all this menu was the first connection between Cody and Faith.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

The Grinch - green jelly. I don't know, for some reason that's what comes into my mind when I think of this movie :D

All of these were funny.

JollyElfDC- did you end up doing the dinner and a movie?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    All of these were funny.

JollyElfDC- did you end up doing the dinner and a movie?
    No, but I still like the idea. I really wish I could come up with one for Christmas vacation.
    Obviously I wouldn't serve dried out turkey.

Interesting thread and fun. But since I'd want it to be a meal all would enjoy, I'll go with the unexpected feast...

A Christmas Carol (Christmas Eve @ Bob Cratchet's home): Goose, stuffing, green bean casserole (I'm sure they had a veggie), plum pudding and a mug of hot cider...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

A lot of burned turkeys come to mind :')

Miracle on 34th Street: Dutch Oven Bread, Roast Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes w/green bean casserole. For dessert... bubblegum?? lol
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Miracle on 34th Street: Dutch Oven Bread, Roast Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes w/green bean casserole. For dessert... bubblegum?? lol
    I was just thinking about this today, and while I don't think they actually have this in the movie, it would be easy to pick up some Deli sandwiches and a Junior's cheesecake.

I also thought to do a Christmas Carol without breaking the bank ( goose is a bit steep for a casual night with friends) A Sheppard pie, or bangers and mash would work. If you watch A Flintstone Christmas Carol, you could serve ribs.
    I really wish I could come up with something for Christmas vacation. Does anyone have a recipe that requires 12 jellies? (jelly of the month)
    Last edited by JollyElfDC; 02-15-2022 at 01:23 AM.

I'll jump off the Dinner portion for this entry and try Breakfast and a Movie. The movie? White Christmas and since the majority of it takes place in Vermont, here goes the breakfast menu...
    Pancakes (or French Toast) with real maple syrup (you can add link sausage if you want meat as well), Cider Doughnuts, Lemonade (from the club car scene) & coffee. If you have a little space left, add some sharp White Cheddar cheese. Later on as the movie ends, don;t forget the Ben & Jerry's... lol

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I'll jump off the Dinner portion for this entry and try Breakfast and a Movie. The movie? White Christmas and since the majority of it takes place in Vermont, here goes the breakfast menu...
    Pancakes (or French Toast) with real maple syrup (you can add link sausage if you want meat as well), Cider Doughnuts, Lemonade (from the club car scene) & coffee. If you have a little space left, add some sharp White Cheddar cheese. Later on as the movie ends, don;t forget the Ben & Jerry's... lol
    That's great!