Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good bye

I agree 100% with what you posted. I love this site.. I'm also guilty of not posting all the time but I do enjoy reading post form everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by wstaple View Post
    Sorry to see you go, Olga.

I guess I look at this a little differently. Since I'm not paying any kind of subscription fee, my expectations are not as high. Yes, the spam is annoying, but I've learned to overlook it.

I love coming to this site just to see everyone's updates. I think it's cool to have friends around the globe with the same kind of passion I have for Christmas.

Thanks for what you do, Chantelle, and I look forward to the coming year!
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

I know we live in a world of constant media overload. I will be the first to say that I do not understand where so many find so much time to be on those sites. For me, besides the normal work day, there are things to do around the house, activities within the community and volunteer hours that fill up a lot of the day. Most who may read my posts will note that many are prior to 9AM. This is the time I have when it is far too early to do yard work and the majority of the city is shut down tight...
    I have been to a few sites where a person will make a comment and then the following responses are things like... "me too", "I agree", "yup", "ditto"... etc. That's a post?
    As I have always said, for myself at least, I would much rather have quality over quantity any day of the week.
    So hang in there people and come around when you can...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I love coming back and re-reading all the post. It truly is like Christmas morning. You get all excited all over again. I may not always have time to post but it would be dumb for me to leave this awesome site.
    A Christmas hug should last a lifetime

When I have the time, I do read some of the older posts and wonder how many of those members are still around.
    But, it is Springtime (supposedly) and I am content to wait for the majority of them to arrive later in the year...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I am a member of many hobby and interests related forums and everywhere I see forums are fairly quiet. I do not have FB. I have Instagram but just to follow some hobby related people.

I'm on a few myself and a couple are really busy and i'm on fb as well.

Same here, I am a few, but try to find time every morning for a visit.