Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good bye

Good bye

Hello. I would like to share with you my worries about the situation, here..
    There are things that have made me feel sad over the past 2-3 years, where I have noticed that people leave the page and forum as well, as, everything remains just the same, as it was 7 and 8 years ago. So, we are always 8-10 friends and that is all.

Chantelle, you always disappear. Then, you come back with an apology. I'm not ok with that. Not because I do not want to believe in you, but, because it has happened again and again.
    And I'm not ok with that. An (one more) apology is, and least for me, not enough.. And I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.
    So, I can not pretend that I'm super happy you are back again and that things are going to be super this year. So, I can not keep up posting like nothing has happened.

I have made a few good friends here and I'm grateful. I would like to keep up sending Christmas cards with some of you and I want you to know that my love for Christmas is bigger than ever.
    We have had some good moments in here and these I want to keep in my heart.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Olga - so sad to see you go!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Olga this just saddens me,please know we all love you and will miss you deeply.As i know i disappear at times but,my crafting has picked up and so has my candy making and baking i'm getting so many orders now but,i am going to try to be here a bit more and i'll post some pics of my creations.Olga,you are a very dear friend and i am blessed by your friendship.3395f2811e3f6341ddd41a2a54875e41.jpg

Sorry to see you go Olga...Whats missing from this forum is people running it 24/7...You need Mods around to keep the forum clean of SPAM all year round..I have offered my help to chantelle about this...Olga hope you pop in from time to time.

I'm sad you leaving but I understand your decision.
    Hope this year will be better and I'm really curious about those changes.
    Will you come back if something changes here ?
    When it seems the magic slipped away...
    We find it all again on Christmas Day

*Seeing isn't believing.Believing is seeing.*

Sorry to see you go, Olga.

I guess I look at this a little differently. Since I'm not paying any kind of subscription fee, my expectations are not as high. Yes, the spam is annoying, but I've learned to overlook it.

I love coming to this site just to see everyone's updates. I think it's cool to have friends around the globe with the same kind of passion I have for Christmas.

Thanks for what you do, Chantelle, and I look forward to the coming year!
    "The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear."

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    Sorry to see you go Olga. I check back periodically, but this website just doesn't get a lot of traffic. I wish I had more to post, but it seems none of us really has much Christmas news in the off season. I do wish there was a way to control the spam. I am sure that keeps posters away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by olga View Post

Chantelle, you always disappear. Then, you come back with an apology. I'm not ok with that. Not because I do not want to believe in you, but, because it has happened again and again.
    And I'm not ok with that. An (one more) apology is, and least for me, not enough.. And I'm sorry, but that is how I feel.
    So, I can not pretend that I'm super happy you are back again and that things are going to be super this year. So, I can not keep up posting like nothing has happened.
    Olga, if you do come back to read this, I want you to know that you're right. I do always dissapear (usually January - August). Partially it's because my Christmas Spirit is less (OH NO!) But also it's because I have no control over updates to the site or forum. Especially with the new owner, I don't really know what the future holds - I keep HOPING that things will get better but it's really out of my control.

I want the forum to be a THRIVING HAPPY place with LOTS of people, too. I know it's not, and that is sad.
    "Christmas: it's not the giving, it's not the getting, it's the loving." - Garfield
    I'm Admin of AllThingsChristmas Forum - Click Here to Message Me with questions or if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ChantelleJoy View Post
    Olga, if you do come back to read this, I want you to know that you're right. I do always dissapear (usually January - August). Partially it's because my Christmas Spirit is less (OH NO!) But also it's because I have no control over updates to the site or forum. Especially with the new owner, I don't really know what the future holds - I keep HOPING that things will get better but it's really out of my control.

I want the forum to be a THRIVING HAPPY place with LOTS of people, too. I know it's not, and that is sad.
    Chantelle. Of course, I would come back. Ive been waiting for your response, Ive been waiting for a sincere reply to my thoughts and thank you for your honesty.
    I do not know if I will keep visiting forum regurarly, but, I ll be in touch and pop around for a visit whenever I can.
    Our forum has become extremely quiet compared to what it was a few years ago.. No help from anywhere... So so sad.....

Again, thank you Chantelle for your honesty.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And so, as Tiny Tim observed, "God Bless us!! Everyone!!''
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens (1843)

Just know, I love all of ya'll. Olga, you are amazing.