Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435

Thread: [GAME] Christmas Food A-Z

Mince Meat Pie - Though I am not a big fan of it, it was one of the things my Dad always looked forward to when he was with us...

N-
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Nutcracker Sweet Eggnog Cakes

O
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Oyster stew (though why is beyond me... lol)

P-
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Papa Noel Torte

Q
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quail eggs (and no, I do not know where to get them... lol)...

R-

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer cereal. Who knew?

S

How cool is that?
    Struffoli: Also known as Honey Balls (Italian pronunciation: [ˈstruffoli]; Neapolitan: struffule [ˈstrufːulə]) is a Neapolitan dish made of deep fried balls of sweet dough. The dough is formed in to balls about the size of marbles. Crunchy on the outside and light inside, they are mixed with honey and other sweet ingredients and formed into mounds or rings. There are many different ways to flavor them, but the traditional way is to mix them in honey with diavulilli (nonpareils sprinkles), cinnamon, and bits of orange rind. They are often served at Christmas and are sometimes served warm.

T-

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    How cool is that?
    Struffoli: Also known as Honey Balls (Italian pronunciation: [ˈstruffoli]; Neapolitan: struffule [ˈstrufːulə]) is a Neapolitan dish made of deep fried balls of sweet dough. The dough is formed in to balls about the size of marbles. Crunchy on the outside and light inside, they are mixed with honey and other sweet ingredients and formed into mounds or rings. There are many different ways to flavor them, but the traditional way is to mix them in honey with diavulilli (nonpareils sprinkles), cinnamon, and bits of orange rind. They are often served at Christmas and are sometimes served warm.
    That sounds delicious. I'm starving- I'm going to eat after this post!

Tinsel Tree Cookies

U

Upside down cake. Not a holiday dish in itself, but one that can most certainly be made to look like one...

V-

Vixen reindeer brownies