Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [GAME] This or That (Christmas Edition)

Classic Christmas movies or the newer productions?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Definitely classic. I've been thinking about watching a 1930's movie- I usually like the set designs of that era.

With guests over on the holidays- watch a movie or play a game?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Great question and since I can always watch a movie... play a game.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Oops.. forgot the second portion...

For your birthday celebration... large party or intimate with just a few (or one)?

Intimate with just a few- I don't like being the center of attention and would like to feel relaxed.

Preference for Christmas gift- article of clothing or game?
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

There was a time when I would have said game. But since children are gone, we don't play as many. So a cool clothing item...

Christmas celebrations in your own hometown or travel to another city for the festivities?

Considering my town has zero spirit, I prefer to go to other towns- like Old Wethersfield- they have homes from the 1600's-1800's that you can do house tours of and the whole area is all done up for Christmas. It's cozy.

If you were celebrating Christmas with a group of loved ones and going to spend it somewhere other than your homes, would you want to rent a cozy log cabin with a big, warm fireplace or rent a place in the city to be near all the decorations and goings on?

Great question. IN this case, where the holiday activities are, but if I could get both close by, then the cabin.

Depending on the outside weather... would you rather sit outside in front of a fire pit or inside in front of a fireplace?

If there were Christmas lights outside around the fire pit, I think I'd like to be outside. Especially one that you can get the natural scent of pine in (something with essential oils maybe?)

Ice skating or sledding/tubing (with a ski lift, for those of us who don't like to keep climbing the hill )?

Tubing to be sure. I have not done it for quite awhile, but was a fav growing up...

Homemade bows on your presents or store bought?