Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Macy*s Parade and the day's events

That is a good movie for Thanksgiving night!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    Has to be after the boys are in bed though!

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    It's a great tradition. My uncle took us to see it in person back in the early 1960's - almost 50 years ago! I enjoy it every year and watch it while I'm cooking!

Ha! That's funny- my uncle took us to see it, too. I was little at the time, so I don't remember too much of it, just that it was cold! I usually have a fire going while I watch it and am eating my first piece of pumpkin pie (I have to spread the food out as much as I can!).
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Erv View Post
    Getting up to buy a newspaper is tradition, all the fliers and stuff for Black Friday. Then Watch the Macy's parade, Miracle on 34th st., Thanksgiving meal late afternoon.

It's funny the things that become tradition and really make the day.

We always watch Miracle on 34th St, too!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

We watch it here,never miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbell1 View Post
    We watch it here,never miss it.
    Julie - do you watch the dog show that immediately follows it? I always watch that as there is a lull in the cooking timetable at that time!

sometimes i do usually we watch White Christmas as well.

It was very difficult yesterday to watch the parade and the dog show as our cable company was experiencing technical issues and kept fading in and out every few seconds! SOOOOOOO annoying!

I was thinking of all our U.S. members yesterday and how a lot of us were watching the parade together. I think it's great that it's always on a Thursday, so almost our whole nation stops mid-week to do something in one spirit.

I'll be watching the parade as i get things ready for our dinner and visit with family and friends,it's a nice day for all,and i have trees on,everything is lit up.Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.xmas1521.jpg