Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Macy*s Parade and the day's events

Missed most of the parade this year - only saw the last 10 minutes
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ornamentmaven View Post
    Missed most of the parade this year - only saw the last 10 minutes

Why?

I missed the beginning- I was low on firewood, so ran out to see if I could grab some at the grocery store, but they were closed (good for them!)!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I have to admit, it is one of the "five" days each year that I call my own. In other words, I really like to relax and enjoy myself. That is why most of the Thanksgiving meals are prepared the day before, so all I have to do is put them in the oven or roaster at the right time. My breakfast is a bit heavy with biscuits and gravy (gravy made the day before), hash browns, OJ and coffee. Then it is time to relax and enjoy the parade (though I wish they would spend a little less time talking and more time enjoying the parade itself). After the parade, dinner is started and it is time for the first of three NFL games. From that point until bedtime, it is a never ending repetition of dine, relax and watch TV.
    Since I do not do Black Friday (most if not all my shopping is done by then), that is my true kick back day. Looking forward to it like always...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Black Friday is my first day of Christmas decorating. I too am usually done with my shopping by then!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I usually wait until Saturday after Thanksgiving to begin, but who knows?
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"