Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Macy*s Parade and the day's events

Macy*s Parade and the day's events

Thanksgiving really isn't that big a holiday for me, it never was. This year I going to a friends for dinner, and that will be fun.

I like the holiday, and I love Black Friday... but it's basically a get the morning papers, read the ads for Friday, watch the Macy*s Parade... that's about it. When Santa arrives in Herald Square, WOOOOOO Christmas has arrived for me. So.. 11:58am on Thanksgiving Day it's the holiday season officially at that point for me

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I enjoy getting to gether with family and watching the parade but I am to into CHristmas to pay much attention to the turkey! I am thankful for my family and that we have not lost anyone in my immediate family in my 40 years. I wish we could all get together but we are spread throughout two states NC and OHio. Never will happen!
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Thumbs up Macy's Rules!

I've been loving Macy's Thanksgiving Parade since the mid-to-late 1990s! I mean Thanksgiving is like that parade capital holiday of the U.S.! I remember in 2006, there was a marching band with 100 tubas--sort of a take-off of 76 trombones! And it's a good thing I have a DVR because the Chicago parade interests me as well.

It's a great tradition. My uncle took us to see it in person back in the early 1960's - almost 50 years ago! I enjoy it every year and watch it while I'm cooking!

Getting up to buy a newspaper is tradition, all the fliers and stuff for Black Friday. Then Watch the Macy's parade, Miracle on 34th st., Thanksgiving meal late afternoon.

Oh Yes. Miracle on 34th Street is an absolute must on Thanksgiving Day!

I might actually be a trooper this year and go to the parade. I've never gone to see it live and have lived in NY practically all my life - shameful!

Holiday Single Girl - a blog for singles who love Christmas
    http://holidaysinglegirl.blogspot.com

Oh yes - you should go! I'm just in the suburbs, but since I always host Thanksgiving Dinner, I'm busy cooking so it's impossible to get out to see it!
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I like to watch the parade on TV, I've thought about attending but I always have so much going on that day I don't have the time-- plus its always COLD!
    "I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys." ~Charles Dickens

South Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
    I love, love, love Thanksgiving. Our tradition is Planes, Trains, and Automobiles on Thanksgiving night...before bed!

EDIT: That's also when I flip the switch on the outside lights!!!!