Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2008

Halloween 2008

I know Halloween is long gone and the main holiday on most people's minds here is Christmas, but I wanted to know how everyone celebrated Halloween this year. Did you go trick-or-treating? Did you dress up? Did you go all out with your decorations? I've read that a few of our members like to decorate their whole house for Halloween, as well as Christmas. If you did, please post your pictures here. I will upload mine as soon as I get a chance.

Happy haunting!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinJack81 View Post
    I know Halloween is long gone and the main holiday on most people's minds here is Christmas, but I wanted to know how everyone celebrated Halloween this year. Did you go trick-or-treating? Did you dress up? Did you go all out with your decorations? I've read that a few of our members like to decorate their whole house for Halloween, as well as Christmas. If you did, please post your pictures here. I will upload mine as soon as I get a chance.

Happy haunting!
    As there is a new thread dedicated to Halloween, I will just rewrite what I wrote 2 days ago in another thread :
    "Here in France 6 or 7 years ago, they tried to have people celebrating Halloween, but it didn't work much because it's not a french tradition. It was just commercial. Now, only young people celebrate Halloween, most of the time in primary schools, to get candy or to illustrate the english course.
    Anyway let me tell you about a tradition in my area, which I knew when I was a child. In my grandmother's village, close to Germany, there was a night called "witches'night" It took place in the late days of may. During that night, witches and spirits where supposed to visit earth. People curved beet root, put a candle inside and put the roots outside their windows. Village teenagers where playing many tricks during that night. It looked like Halloween in spring, didn't it ?"

yup we went trick or treating, here is a pic of our house :D

Gave out candy and watched Vincent Price movies on tv.

Perfect for me. House was completely decorated, I love Halloween as much as I love Christmas.

---
    ladyice
    icon from pattywack1992 @ LJ

I don't celebrate Halloween I have no interest in the horror movies or trick or treating to me it is just the day to start CHristmas decorations.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ladyice View Post
    Gave out candy and watched Vincent Price movies on tv.

Perfect for me. House was completely decorated, I love Halloween as much as I love Christmas.
    I LOVE Vincent Price! Even as a child I loved his old movies and enjoy watching the small collection I have to this day. :D

I'd love to see pics of your decorations if you have any! I'll hopefully be posting mine soon...
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

We don't do anything for Halloween, now that the boys are grown. Kids in this area don't come here for some reason, so, I turn off the lights and we watch scary movies. This year, we watched, Halloween H20, House on Haunted Hill and Back to House on Haunted Hill.
    Wishing all a safe and loving Holiday!!

Happy Haunting

Here are some photos of our house this Halloween...Some of the ones I took without a flash didn't turn out that well, so I posted others with the flash too:

View from the road of the natural area in front of our house:

The pumpkin was a gift from my dad to our one-year-old. I had no idea it was 6 1/2 feet tall when grandpa bought it for him!

Our side porch:

Walkway up to the front porch:

My "graveyard":

Front porch:
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com

nice decorations! I like the huge pumpkin.
    Wishing you many hot cocoa mornings and firesky nights throughout the new year!

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Everybody Needs a Hug
    It changes your metabolism ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))!!!

Quote Originally Posted by onemagicalchristmas View Post
    nice decorations! I like the huge pumpkin.
    Thanks Bobbi! :D Yeah, I like him a lot now too...And our son LOVES him!
    PumpkinJack81
    Bob, Forum Moderator
    AllThingsChristmas.com