Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do on the lead up to Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I agree. I also have a Christmas radio I picked up at Hobby Lobby this year and there are weather messages, commercials and of course several classic carols...
    I'll have to look into getting more Advent things for next year.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

You know, that is one thing I have never gotten (advent calendar), but for 2022, I will do just that...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Has anyone gone to Disney around Christmastime? I see Disneyland has 'A Very Foodie Holiday' festival that has 8 kiosks with food inspired by five different cultural holidays including Christmas, Navidad, Kwanzaa, Diwali and Hanukkah... Sounds delicious and I like that they represent the different cultures.

I don't like going to Disney when it's cold, but I feel I ought to experience Disney at Christmastime at least once in my life.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Yes I have. Both Disneyland & Walt Disney World. But I went of the first full week in December, because, no one is there! The week of Thanksgiving is packed and the closer you get to Christmas is the same, but that first week, children are still in school, vacations are upcoming, but not there yet and a lot of company Christmas parties are scheduled for that first full week. The parks are all decorated, they have the special parades & you can get on the rides very quickly.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Yes I have. Both Disneyland & Walt Disney World. But I went of the first full week in December, because, no one is there! The week of Thanksgiving is packed and the closer you get to Christmas is the same, but that first week, children are still in school, vacations are upcoming, but not there yet and a lot of company Christmas parties are scheduled for that first full week. The parks are all decorated, they have the special parades & you can get on the rides very quickly.
    Good to know!

I did the same at Universal Orlando one year (wife is a Harry Potter fan). They even had a few floats from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Very enjoyable...

I did the same at Universal Orlando one year (wife is a Harry Potter fan). They even had a few floats from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Very enjoyable...
    That's interesting about the floats- I never thought of them being anywhere else other than NY.

I was surprised when I heard it as well, but since "Universal" projects the image of Hollywood, I think it added a special touch...

I get my baking and candy making done and just about a week or so before christmas i run out to pick up my poinsettia's.

I also get some baking done to distribute around the neighborhood. This year I am also treating my wife to the "Twelve Dates of Christmas" with the last being breakfast on Christmas Eve...