Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do on the lead up to Christmas?

:tree: What do you do on the lead up to Christmas?

All I've done up to yet is christmas shopping, wrapping gifts and putting up the decorations.
    This year I want to get way more festive and wintery/christmasey on the lead up to Christmas.
    It's too late to make a cake unfortunately.
    So far I have planned:
    Ice skating with the other half. (Been together 4 years this December and still haven't been)
    Christmas movie MARATHON with the bf (she claims to have never seen a Christmas film)
    Taking my bf and her little sister to see the reindeers at the garden centre.
    Baking Christmas cookies with either my niece or my bf and her sister.
    Going to a Christmas market (idk if they're a think in the US but there big in the UK and I've never been)
    Can't think of anything else, I want to do at least one christmasy thing a week but it would be nice to fill all my days off from work with Christmas activities and I get three a week.

Sounds like a good plan! There are Christmas markets here in the USA, but they generally aren't called "Christmas markets". Some of the larger cities have them. In small towns, these seasonal markets may be called craft fairs, church bazaars, flea markets, etc.
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

We have small ones in small towns, that and generally a it rubbish, and just like the standard saturday marked but with christmas music playing from the CD stall rather than old songs, so we're going to travel in to a city closer to us to get the full feel for it.
    It's a shame that (as far as I know) we don't have any out door ice skating rings near by, going in doors will be a bit or a let down, would much rather be out in the cold.

Any other ideas of things that can be done during christmas?

We go here every year.
    http://txchristkindlmarket.com/
    Papa_Christmas

'I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!' Scrooge repeated, as he scrambled out of bed. 'The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, Jacob Marley! Heaven, and the Christmas Time be praised for this! I say it on my knees, old Jacob, on my knees!' (Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol)

That looks great Papa
    I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

I try to get all my stuff (presents, decorating, even baking) done early so I can do other things like... Christmas lights driving, watching Christmas shows/movies, visiting etc all the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

I bought an Advent "Calendar" in the form of 25 red envelopes that have a card inside them for each day, with suggestions for the season (Why Don't You...), a suggested movie or song, a Did You Know, and a quote. On Fridays there's an additional card in the envelope for a Festive Friday alcoholic drink. They're elegantly done, saying how many days left until Christmas with the date on the envelopes. They come with the stack wrapped in a bow. I've enjoyed them and looked forward to opening them each day. Kind of like a mini present. I'm going to gift them to people next November. The shop owner doesn't have them currently listed, but says they'll be back next year.
    BoldLifeDecor | Etsy
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    I bought an Advent "Calendar" in the form of 25 red envelopes that have a card inside them for each day, with suggestions for the season (Why Don't You...), a suggested movie or song, a Did You Know, and a quote. On Fridays there's an additional card in the envelope for a Festive Friday alcoholic drink. They're elegantly done, saying how many days left until Christmas with the date on the envelopes. They come with the stack wrapped in a bow. I've enjoyed them and looked forward to opening them each day. Kind of like a mini present. I'm going to gift them to people next November. The shop owner doesn't have them currently listed, but says they'll be back next year.
    BoldLifeDecor | Etsy
    Very nice and something to look forward to each day. I have a North Pole radio that broadcast messages from various elves, Mrs Claus and even Santa from Dec 1st till the 24th. A green light will flash when a message (or messages) are there...
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    Very nice and something to look forward to each day. I have a North Pole radio that broadcast messages from various elves, Mrs Claus and even Santa from Dec 1st till the 24th. A green light will flash when a message (or messages) are there...
    Fun!

I have something similar, I have to press the button each day to hear Mickey counting down the days- he lets me know if something's happening that day (A Christmas party, baking cookies, going shopping, etc).

I don't think I could have too many of these types of things.
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistletoe View Post
    Fun!

I have something similar, I have to press the button each day to hear Mickey counting down the days- he lets me know if something's happening that day (A Christmas party, baking cookies, going shopping, etc).

I don't think I could have too many of these types of things.
    I agree. I also have a Christmas radio I picked up at Hobby Lobby this year and there are weather messages, commercials and of course several classic carols...