Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite Holiday Network Cartoon specials?

Well, my first growing up so it begins with...
    A Charlie Brown Christmas
    Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol
    How the Grinch Stole Christmas
    and for the modern age... Prep & Landing (both of them)
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    Santa Claus Is Coming to Town
    Frosty the Snowman

I'm hoping as each new TV Christmas Season arrives, someone at the networks will develope new and "respectable" Christmas Cartoon specials
    "Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more!"

My favorites are Rudolph and Frosty. I would be interested to know if anyone on here doesn't like either of those...
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

Nothing new yet, though I do enjoy the Halllmark season. Hoping for a nice animated entry this year..

Arlington VA USA (Across the bridge from Fantasyland)
    I have all of them on DVD, but for some reason, watching them on DVD just isn't the same. Does anyone else feel this way?

Actually, I enjoy them on DVD (and VHS) better. I love being able to actually have the time to relax on my time frame to watch and enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by JollyElfDC View Post
    I have all of them on DVD, but for some reason, watching them on DVD just isn't the same. Does anyone else feel this way?
    I like the feeling of watching them on tv with everyone else- togetherness in spirit, you know? And the suspense, when you go to a commercial break just as the abominable snowman is coming over the mountains! lol Who knew I'd be a little nostalgic about commercial breaks.

Though, the option to watch them any time and as many times as I want is also very handy. Especially the years that I completely miss when certain ones are aired!
    The holly's up, the house is all bright, The tree is ready, the candles alight; Rejoice and be glad, all children tonight.

I usually gift wrap each of my specials and then (since they are in the same paper) open one each day till Christmas...

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop1954 View Post
    I usually gift wrap each of my specials and then (since they are in the same paper) open one each day till Christmas...
    That's a cute idea...